Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rocky Racoon is my Favorite BEATLES Song

Four things- long things, interesting things. I really want to share with you. Read it maybe?

The subjects: Money, Indifference, Age and Make-Up. In the comments please feel free to offer your own stories, opinions or anything about this- what good is sharing if they don't share back right? Anyway- you could at least tell me your favorite Beatles song (and maybe why).

These are of course only teasers- journal entry style: please feel free to ask for the full story :)

MONEY: Today I got a letter from WWU saying that they were taking away all my financial aid. this school year has been a huge struggle for me between personal issues, money issues, legal issues, employment, housing, girl and academic issues- this culminated in my failing four classes over the course of the year and having to withdraw from three. And now- with the majority of this bullshit resolved- I am half a breath from losing the chance to make up for my fuck up. What do I do?

INDIFFERENCE: Last night a friend gave me a call, a friend I wanted to hear from very badly and was very excited to maybe see that night or sometime soon. I asked her if she wanted to hang out. She said she was indifferent and would call me when she was free. She fell asleep instead- this is fine, I just wonder if it might've been easier to understand if she had just SAID "no." Would you rather be hated or ignored?

AGE: The most haunting and sad image I have ever seen in my entire life came at me today: my old as old grandfather deep within the throws of Alzheimers and recovering from several strokes completely randomly and tragically singing the LOONEY TOONS's closing song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4). I hadn't seen him in months nor will I likely see him again soon- living in Bellingham and having him housed in deepest darkest Puyallup makes that a challenge. Suffice it to say that all I could hear after that was him literally saying "Good Bye" to me in his own delusional, dysfunctional, haunting, gut-wrenching and cinematic way. How do you deal with that?

MAKE-UP: On a lighter note, at Fred Meyer's we (my parents and I) managed to pick the line with the really cute cashier at the end. Needless to say I was quietly happy with this- waiting in line to pay for groceries while appreciating a pretty girl. HOWEVER, her mascara had smeared on her right upper eylid so badly that it looked like someone had tried to draw a stick figure in make-up on her eyelid while she kept blinking. Not cute- but funny as hell.

Thoughts? Stories of your own?

Reasons to be happy? Today sucks- I'd like some of those please.

Cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment